Welcome to the pod Folks!
On Episode 30 I talk about the difficulty in Identifying a true expert!
In today's world, it can be difficult to find a true expert for several reasons:
- Overload of information: With the internet and social media, we have access to an overwhelming amount of information. It can be difficult to separate the true experts from those who are simply presenting themselves as experts.
- Limited attention span: In a world where we are constantly bombarded with information, many people have limited attention spans. They may not have the time or patience to seek out true experts and may rely on superficial sources of information instead.
- Misinformation: Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there, and it can be difficult to distinguish between what is true and what is not. This can make it difficult to identify true experts and can lead to confusion and mistrust.
- Lack of regulation: In some fields, there is a lack of regulation and oversight, which can make it easier for people to present themselves as experts without actually having the necessary knowledge and experience.
- Bias and personal agendas: Even when someone is presenting themselves as an expert, they may have biases or personal agendas that can affect their recommendations and advice.
Overall, it can be difficult to find a true expert in today's world because of the overwhelming amount of information, limited attention spans, misinformation, lack of regulation, and biases and personal agendas. However, with careful research and discernment, it is still possible to identify true experts and benefit from their knowledge and expertise.
When looking for an expert look for a handful of traits:
10 Characteristics of a True Expert
- Continuous Learning
- Clear Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Curiosity, or the pursuit of continuous learning
- Ability to Innovate and Integrate
- Deep Knowledge
The Art of Aging Mindfully Podcast is sponsored by WHOOP, your personal digital fitness tracker: Order your whoop strap with Jai's Unique Link:
To train with Jai, and learn about his yoga classes and massage therapy treatments:
To support this podcast go to patreon:
Enjoy and share this episode!
May it bring You Insight!